You have no items in your shopping cart.
Help & Frequently Asked Questions
Where do we deliver?
How quickly can we deliver?
Can we deliver on a specific date?
Can we deliver on a Saturday?
Between which times do we deliver?
What happens if the recipient is out?
Can the parcel be left with a neighbour?
Can the parcel be left safe ie in the porch, garage or shed?
What happens if you give us the wrong address?
Can you track your order?
What should you do if the parcel is lost or damaged?
Can I include a gift card with a message?
How do I use Promotional Codes?
If I give you my personal details will you hassle me or pass on my details?
I wish to order to different addresses, which is the best way to enter these?
I have made an error entering a name, address or despatch date or I have just discovered the recipient has moved address or will not be in on that date.
Do you offer discounts for large orders?
Can we pay by any other method than credit card?
1. Where do we deliver?
- UK mainland – working day delivery is free on orders over £30.
- Scottish Highlands, Scottish Offshore Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scilly Islands, Channel Islands - £9 delivery charge.
- At the moment European and International deliveries are not possible via our website. Contact us to discuss.
We regret we are unable to deliver to BFPO or PO box addresses.
2. How quickly can we deliver?
We always aim to despatch orders received on Next Working Day Delivery to mainland UK on orders placed Monday - Friday before 14:00 (GMT). However, during periods of high volume, we cannot guarantee next working day, which is why our website offers 1-3 day delivery as standard.
3. Can we deliver on a specific date?
Yes. Any working day can be selected for no additional charge at checkout.
4. Can we deliver on a Saturday?
We can deliver on a Saturday if your order is placed before 14:00 (GMT) on the Friday before. Saturday delivery surcharge is £12.50 inc VAT. Not currently able to book on the website Please contact us to arrange.
5. Between which times do we deliver?
Delivery is during working hours Monday to Friday 8am-6pm. We cannot specify an actual time as the drivers routes change daily. If you or your recipient will be out at work during these times, why not ask us to deliver to a work address?
6. What happens if I am/my recipient is out when a delivery attempt is made?
Should the recipient be out when our courier attempts delivery and no one is available to accept delivery, they post a card through the letterbox advising the recipient that they have attempted delivery and inviting them to telephone our courier to arrange either:
- A collection from the nearest depot, which is available the working day after the card was left
- Re-delivery to the original address during normal working hours
Any parcels not delivered or collected within five working days will be automatically returned to Italy2Eat. A charge of £12.00 including VAT (£10.00 + £2.00 vat @ 20%) is made for re-delivery to the original or alternative address. Our guarantee is limited to delivering to the building, not individual recipients.
7. Can the parcel be left with a neighbour?
Yes, if you or your recipient may be out on that day, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to give us instructions to leave with a nominated neighbour. The courier will be informed of these instructions in writing.
8. Can the parcel be left safe i.e. in the porch, garage or shed?
As a security measure we require a signature on receipt of delivery, therefore we will not take instructions from the recipient to leave a parcel safe unless we have authorisation from the sender. However, during the week before Christmas, due to the volume of parcels being delivered, the couriers may request permission to leave your parcel in a safe place.
9. What happens if you give us the wrong address?
If the courier is having difficulties making delivery, they will contact us for further instructions. It is very important that your address is up to date with correct postcode and telephone number for contact in case the driver has difficulty locating the address.
We will contact you if there are difficulties and ask for further instructions.
The courier charges a redirection fee of £12.00 (£10.00 + £2.00 vat @ 20%) if required to be delivered to another address once in transit.
If the courier is unable to make delivery the gift is returned to us. A courier re-send fee of £12.00 (£10.00 + £2.00 VAT @ 20%), plus any fresh food needing to be replaced, will be charged.
10. Can you track your order?
Your UK mainland order is scanned onto the courier's van from our warehouse and can be tracked up to delivery at recipient's address. If you wish to track your parcel, please contact us for web site details and the consignment number of your parcel. You also receive this information in an email once your order has been dispatched.
11. What should you do if the parcel is lost or damaged?
Delivery services have significantly improved in recent years, so in the unlikely event of damage or loss in transit, we will replace the damaged contents or gift immediately free of charge providing the following:
- The goods are signed for upon receipt as damaged or have been refused because of obvious damage
- The courier and ourselves are informed at once and it is confirmed by the recipient to us in writing within a reasonable time of delivery quoting reference number on the parcel. Our couriers recommend that any damage which cannot be seen from the outside must be notified to the couriers & Italy2Eat in writing within 7 days.
- Damaged goods must be retained for inspection and it may be required that they be returned to us at our expense before replacement or refund.
- All claims must be submitted within a reasonable time. Our couriers recommend a maximum of fourteen days.
- Returned goods must clearly show the full name, address and telephone number of the sender.
- We cannot accept responsibility for the wrong order or non-delivery, resulting from incorrect information or addresses being provided.
12. Can I include a gift card with a message?
If you are sending Italian food or wine as a gift, it is possible for us to include a gift card and message. You can put this into the website at shipping information in checkout, or you can contact us via phone (01476 550420) to arrange this.
13. How do I use Promotional Codes?
When you have a promotional code, you will be asked for it at the checkout. The value will be automatically deducted from your order when you hit the calculate button.
14. If I give you my personal details will you hassle me or pass on my details?
We do not telephone private customers unless we need information regarding your order. However, you will be added to our email list and we will contact you each season to make you aware of any special purchases, offers and new gifts etc. It is possible to unsubscribe to this email newsletter.
We will NEVER pass on any personal details to a third party. Your credit card details are not held on our database.
15. I wish to order to different addresses, which is the best way to enter these?
Unfortunately our website does not allow for more than one address per order. If you wish to deliver to several addresses you will need to place several orders or contact us and let us help you to do this.
16. I have made an error entering a name, address or despatch date or I have just discovered the recipient has moved address or will not be in on that date.
Contact us via email email@example.com or telephone 01476 550 420 immediately and we'll amend it for you, providing it has not been processed for despatch.
17. Do you offer discounts for large orders?
Yes. If you think your order will come to a large amount, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01476 550 420 for a quotation for a volume discount.
18. Can we pay by any other method than credit card?
Yes, you can pay by debit card, or cheque (although the order will not be processed until we have received your cheque and it has cleared)If you wish to order a large amount and wish to pay by company cheque or BACS, please email email@example.com or telephone 01476 550 420 with your request.